“I’m in love with the Cherokee / Asheville area, and I couldn’t be more excited to open my very first Gordon Ramsay Food Market in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains,” Ramsay said in a release. “From Street Burger and Street Pizza to Fish & Chips, GR Sushi and more, we’ll highlight the very best local ingredients sourced from the region’s incredible farmers and artisans.”
Food will be sourced from local farms including Hickory Nut Gap Farm, Spicewalla, Joyce Farms and many more.
Already-announced restaurants include:
- Truffles Pub: A full-service dining experience with crafted cocktails, Gordon Ramsay classics like Beef Wellington and fish & chips;
- Street Burger: Elevated burgers and fries with a twist, also featuring breakfast items in the morning;
- Street Pizza: Neapolitan style pizza combining the freshest local ingredients and seasonal toppings;
- GR Sushi: Sushi and Far East-inspired dishes;
- Fish & Chips: Ramsay’s British-style fish & chips, shrimp and lobster plus chicken wings, chicken tenders, and a milkshake;
- Catch Café & Raw Bar: New York deli style sandwiches, salads using locally sourced produce and a raw bar featuring oysters, shrimp, crab, lobster and other seasonal seafood; and
- GR Bake & Brew: Full coffee bar, smoothies, bagels, muffins and a variety of grab-and-go pastries.
Caesars Entertainment – which owns Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort – and Ramsay began their relationship in 2012 with the opening of Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas. The partnership has yielded five restaurants on the Las Vegas Strip, as well as restaurants in Baltimore, Lake Tahoe, North Kansas City, Atlantic City, and Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai.
On Wednesday, Dec. 15, Gordon Ramsay Food Market will hold a hiring event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cherokee Convention Center at Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort. Positions include servers, bartenders, cashiers and culinary positions.